Would it cost me anything if my court-appointed lawyer goes to trial and the case gets dismissed?

Wichita, KS |

I had a court-appointed lawyer in the past and I did not owe him anything when the case had got dismissed at trial. I am not sure if they have an option to charge me for whatever "work" they had done prior to the charges dismissed at trial.

1. Court appointed lawyers are paid for by the government not you.

2. You will not have to pay your court appointed attorney, especially if your case was dismissed.

This answer is for information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. If your legal issue exists in North Central Kansas, you may contact Manhattan, KS attorney Blake Robinson to talk about your case.

3. You should not have to pay anything for your court appointed lawyer if the case is dismissed. He will be paid by the court. If you are convicted the court can require you to pay the court back for the money paid to the attorney.

Legal disclaimer: Legal disclaimer: Patrick M. Lewis, (913) 558-3961, patricklewislaw@gmail.com. This answer is intended to provide general information about the justice system. It does not provide legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. It does not provide the basis for making decisions about a course of action. Legal advice requires more communication and information than is possible in this format. Many important considerations and factors need to be investigated and discussed before an attorney could give legal advice about this issue. Before making any decisions about a course of action readers are strongly encouraged to contact a lawyer and secure an attorney-client relationship. Readers must also understand that this format does not provide for confidential communication.