Would it be wise to ask to have a citation changed to reduce the impact at the summons?

Pittsburgh, PA |

I received a ticket for running a red light a 3112a3i (which incurs points). At the hearing I was thinking of asking to have it changed to a 3111a (disobedience to traffic control devices, which incurs no points)? What would be the chances of that working?

1. The chances would even be better if you had a criminal defense attorney helping you.

2. That depends on several factors, a few of which include: your conduct when pulled over, the officer's attitude, the policy of the officer's department, the MDJ's policy, etc. You should speak to a lawyer who handles traffic offenses in Pittsburgh. He or she can help you.

3. It would depend on the officer/trooper who gave you the citation. I would suggest hiring a lawyer to help you get the best result possible.

Lawyer Michael Kotik
    www.LegalPhilly.com

267-265-4553

Answers are not of fact, but rather the opinion of the attorney answering the questions asked. At no time does this answer create an attorney-client relationship. To the extent that these answers may become available to the general public there is no confidentiality as it pertains to this answer or question. The law changes frequently, and the material on this website is for general information purposes only and neither constitutes nor is intended to be legal advice. Prior to acting based upon this general information you SHOULD seek legal counsel regarding your specific legal matter. The outcome of every case is dependent on the specific facts and legal circumstances of each individual case. This website is not an offer to represent you, which can only be made after a consultation with one of the attorneys from Legalphilly.com. The Lawyer answering this question does not intend to practice in any other jurisdictions where it is not licensed. Attorney is Licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The firm does not seek to represent anyone viewing this website in other jurisdictions, and the website may not comply with the laws and ethical rules of states other than Pennsylvania and New Jersey. If you have any questions please contact my office at 215-564-1010. Lawyer Michael Kotik | www.LegalPhilly.com | 1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 220. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19102

Traffic tickets topics