Would it be sufficient to just provide the most recent tax year (2012) in Part 6 (13a) on form I-864 or should fill in all 3 ?

Asked 11 months ago - Baltimore, MD

I'm gearing up to submit the affidavit of support (I-864) ,but i'm wondering if its mandatory to submit the most 3 recent tax year information as requested in part 6 section 13a -13c. I'm the joint sponsor and i currently have a copy of only my most recent income tax return form (2012) , i can't seem to find the 2011 and 2010.

A point to note: They were filed , the only issue is that they have been misplaced and i can't find them

1. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . Here is one reasonable thing that must be done:
    Any such submission should be reviewed for adherence to the federal requirements and accuracy by a competent immigration attorney with a valid law license before submission.

2. Allan Scott Lolly

Pro

1

Answered . It is not necessary to file 3 year's tax returns in many cases. The key is to show stable U.S. qualified earnings. The petitioner should have you consult with an immigration attorney to review income requirements.

Below, I've included a link with more information.