Would it be possible for visitation to be cut for missing and being late several times during supervised visitation?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Houston, TX

Is this the time the court considers missing visitation in a more serious light?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. William Tyler Moore Jr


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Absolutely worth a shot. It takes a lot more effort to provide and exercise supervised visitation. No point in dragging the child down there to be repeatedly disappointed if the other parent doesn't care enough to show up. Get an experienced family law attorney to do this for you.

    I am not intending this to be legal advice, because I don't know the particulars of your situation. Call me if you... more
  2. Lewis Cooper Giles

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . Mr. Moore is absolutely correct. If the child's parent cannot make supervised visits, now would be a good time to try and get more flexibility for you and your child.

    I am licensed to practice law in the great state of Texas only. The above answer does not create an attorney/... more
  3. Irene C Olszewski

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . A judge would certainly look at the pattern of missed and late visits. You should speak to a good family lawyer about this right away.

    Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,335 answers this week

3,227 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,335 answers this week

3,227 attorneys answering