Would it be logical to attend my initial hearing (I was just indicted) for posession of a sawed off shotgun without an attorney?

Asked over 2 years ago - Covington, KY

Was told that I may have a bond set during this hearing and I am worried that if I pay the attorney that I won't have the money for the bond and then will end up sitting in jail anyway. Thought it would be best to attend this hearing alone and hire the attorney after I find out what, if any, the bond amount is going to be. I understand that with an attorney I might have a good chance of having no bond but I also know that it isn't guarenteed.

1. Donald W. Aaron

1

1

Answered . An attorney can take a bond assignment for part or all of his fee. That way you can be out of jail working on your defense while your attorney is working for you. Don't wait to hire an attorney.

2. Frank Mascagni III

1

Answered . Hire a competent criminal defense attorney in your area ASAP!

3. Benjamin J Lieberman

Answered . Is it logical to try and fly a plane without any experience? You really do need to have an attorney. It is never smart to try and go at such things alone. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you by the court.