Would it be legal to post an ad saying simply " Last chance to send "x" amount of dollars"? No services or goods are offered.

Asked 9 months ago - Corpus Christi, TX

I need to know if an advertisement would be legal to post.

1. Daniel Nathan Ballard

Answered . Money solicitation scams are common and so many states have specific rules controlling how to ask for money donations. A Texas-licensed attorney would have advise you on how to comply with that state's rules. In addition, it would be false advertising to state "Last chance" if, in fact, there will be subsequent opportunities to donate.

2. Bruce E. Burdick

Pro

Answered . You really don't get us enough to go on, do you? It makes no sense to simply post a notice saying "last chance to send $50" (or whatever amount) unless it is associated with some goods or services or prize or other item. I do not think you are being honest with us so, being a Texas lawyer, I prefer not to answer you except to say you are almost certainly violating Texas law