Would it be best to talk to a lawyer about the accident I was in ?

Asked 11 months ago - San Diego, CA

We were in a complete stop in traffic when a car came really fast at us from behind , the whole back of the car is messed up , also the front part , it's not my car but I was the passenger and my 7 week old baby was in the back seat I'm havin neck and back pain and also leg pain on the right side of my body , my baby has been really cranky since then , he's not eatin like he was . There was a bus in traffic too , the driver said he got it all on camera if we needed a witness

1. Michael R Crosner

14

Answered . Sorry to hear of your injuries & hope all is well with your baby. Yes your should immediately contact a California personal injury attorney - many personal attorneys like our office offer a free consultation. Most personal injury attorney accept these cases on a contingency fee basis (only a fee if case is settled). Best wishes

2. Barry J. Simon

14

Answered . Please go to a doctor and have your baby see a doctor a.s.a.p. I hope there is a police report and the at fault party has liability coverage. Also, the owner of the car you were in hopefully has uninsured/underinsured coverage in case the other party's limits are too low to cover your and your baby's injuries. I would avise you to contact a Personal Injury attorney. We will consult with you with no charge and can help you and your baby get what you are entitled to here.

Pro

14

1

Answered . It certainly would be best.

4. Marc Lazarus

11

1

Answered . You should not delay in obtaining medical treatment. You should also not give a statement to the insurance company. The insurance company is looking to get information that will limit your damages, not bolster them. You should start interviewing attorneys at this juncture. Many of the attorneys who have responded to your posting are knowledgeable, skilled and caring personal injury lawyers who can help you to obtain the best outcome possible.

Marc Lazarus
    www.russellandlazarus.com
    (949)309-0990

5. Ajay Mohan Kwatra

Pro

10

Answered . I think it is best to consult with an attorney. You and your passengers have claims. I hope everyone has a quick and complete recovery!

6. Mishka L Marshall

Pro

11

1

Answered . I am sorry to hear about your accident. You did not mention if you and your baby received medical care after the accident. If you did not and it appears that you or your baby suffered injuries, you should seek medical attention. I would also contact a local attorney about the accident as soon as you can. Be careful not to sign any documents provided to you by the other driver's insurance company until you have consulted with an attorney. Insurance companies will often offer quick settlements to people who have been injured in accidents in exchange for you signing a waiver of claims which means you cannot later sue the driver who caused your injuries. Consult a personal injury attorney in your area. Good luck.

7. David Phillip Beeson

9

Answered . You and your child should seek medical treatment immediately. You should also consult with a personal injury attorney.

8. Robert Bruce Kopelson

9

Answered . See a lawyer immediately. make sure the baby's symptoms are documented with the doctor too. I have had cases with PTSD in children too young to talk. their behavioral changes need to be documented, such as crankiness, changes in sleeping patterns, eating patterns, clinginess, not wanting to get into the car, regression in toilet training, mood/affect, etc. very challenging as the child cant verbalize, and doesnt have the ability to process the trauma intellectually. Sorry to say, I have had some where symptoms lingered for years.

9. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

10

Answered . You should seek medical help and a personal injury attorney immediately.

10. Albert Lee Crosner

8

Answered . I am really sorry to hear about the accident you and your baby were. I would strongly recommend that you contact a very experienced personal injury attorney that you are comfortable with. Most personal injury attorneys such as myself offer a free initial consultation and then if retained a contingent fee arrangement where no legal fees are required up front and where the attorney's fees are disbursed upon either settlement or a court award. I wish you and your baby the very best.

11. William Peter Daley

8

Answered . The most important thing to do right now is to make sure you and your baby receive medical care and treatment for any injuries suffered. The other MOST important thing to do right now is to PRESERVE EVIDENCE. If you (or your baby) have any black and blue marks, scratches, redness from hitting anything inside the car or from the seatbelt, you MUST take photographs of those injuries because in a week or two that "evidence" will be gone forever. Also, you MUST at this time contact the bus driver and get a copy of any photo's or video that the bus driver might have as that is likely crucial evidence in your case. If you hire an experienced personal injury attorney these are things that the attorney will tell you, and will help to gather for you. Yes, most of us San Diego Personal Injury attorneys will offer you a free consultation, and you should meet with a few and determine who you are most confident in and comfortable with in representing you and your baby for any injuries that you both may have suffered.

12. Paul J Molinaro

Pro

7

Answered . Personal injury attorneys, almost every single one of us anyway, work on contingency... that means we get paid only if we win... and we usually front the costs of the suit meaning, for example, we pay for the police report.

That said, anyone... especially an infant... who is in a rear ender while stopped and hit by a 35 mph vehicle should be immediately and fully checked by a physician... and the infant rechecked again as needed... then a personal injury attorney should be retained.

Most of us personal injury types even offer free consultations and take such cases on contingency no matter where the case is in California, so there is nothing to fear in calling us.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    4160 Temescal Canyon Road, Suite 306
    Corona, CA 92833
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law and does so anywhere in the State of California.
    *** If you enjoy my posts, enjoyed a consultation with me, or are a happy satisfied client, please give me an Avvo recommendation/review.

13. James Michael Bergener

Pro

7

Answered . I'm sorry to hear about your accident. As my other colleagues have said, please visit a doctor today to have your and your baby's injuries evaluated. It sounds like you definitely have a personal injury case, and you don't want to let the insurance company take advantage of you. Consult with a personal injury attorney as soon as you can. Most lawyers, myself included, offer free consultations, and charge no money out of pocket. An attorney can also help you and your baby obtain the medical treatment you need without paying upfront for your expenses.

Good luck!

14. David Ian Schoen

Pro

8

Answered . YES!

15. Michael Shemtoub

6

Answered . I work in California and deal with accidents like yours, so I am happy to answer your question. The answer to your question is yes you should be filing a claim, but you should do it through a attorney. Whenever someone makes a claim against an insurance company the insurance company usually gives you a very difficult time. I've seen insurance companies lie to their own insured before. Do you feel that you are at the same medical condition that you were before the accident? As a basic premise I wouldn't handle your claim by yourself. The attorney you hire can likely refer you to a doctor, if you ask for one, who will see you with no upfront payment! I've done this many times to help my clients out. You should not wait a single day to hire a lawyer, we will advise you on the strategy of your case.

You have some great facts, but your case definitely needs to be developed further to corroborate your story. You should hire an attorney so you're not bullied around! There is no upfront cost to hire an attorney.

With a case like yours it seems like you have some good facts in order to get a high settlement. The most important thing when building your case are: liability (were you at fault); how bad are your injuries to your body. A lot of these things sound like they are not complete yet in your case so its something that is worth hiring an attorney for in order to get a sense of whether you have a case and what the strategy would be for you to build a strong case! I've handled many of these cases in the Hesperia, CA area.

Its very possible that your case is worth more than the $$$ that they will offer you by yourself. Call an attorney today, you won't regret it.

We all give free consultations! Make your life easier and hire a lawyer.