Would it be a mistake to ask for a settlement from a creditor when we are in private arbitration?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Goodyear, AZ

I have no case as they have objected to everything I asked for. The only case I thought I had was breach of a verbal contract which I cannot prove without documentation from the creditor.

1. Eric Jerome Gold

Pro

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . Mr. Konst is correct. Based on the facts presented, you do not appear to have a position of strength from which to bargain. As to whether or not you can try to negotiate some sort of settlement agreement, you should try to negotiate as best you can. Your facts are silent as to the amount at issue. If it is a substantial amount, you should seek the assistance of a local debt settlement attorney.

2. Harry N. Konst

3

1

Answered . Absent the threat of bankruptcy, you appear to lack leverage in the facts you have given.

I am not your attorney. Contact an attorney for advice immediately.
  3. Stephen M Trezza

Pro

1

1

Answered . Settlement is always an option.

4. Frederick Charles Thomas

Pro

1

1

Answered . You have not provided much information. However, you can always inquire as to whether the other party is amenable to settlement.