Would it affect me if I got caught by immigration and are now wanting to apply for the dream act?

Reno, NV |

I got caught by immigration a few years back everything is good now but would it stay on my record. I want to apply for the dream act, I am between the ages to apply but there is one problem that am afraid of that I have a case with immigration? Would these affect my status? Thank you.

By DREAM Act I assume that you are referring to the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). The DREAM Act itself has been passe into law.

DACA has many requirements, and I am assuming that you know them, and meet all of them. If so, then even a prior deportation is not a bar to obtaining DACA status. See http://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/consideration-deferred-action-childhood-arrivals-process/frequently-asked-questions The USCIS states there: "This process is open to any individual who can demonstrate he or she meets the guidelines for consideration, including those who have never been in removal proceedings as well as those in removal proceedings, with a final order, or with a voluntary departure order (as long as they are not in immigration detention). If you are not in immigration detention and want to affirmatively request consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals, you must submit your request to USCIS – not ICE – pursuant to the procedures outlined below."

So it does not appear that a prior immigration case will affect your DACA status.

Thank you so much. I was concerned if it was going to affect me. That's right I meant DACA.