Would investing in a franchise count as a new business for eb5

Las Vegas, NV |
Filed under: Franchise

Maybe. But you need counsel. You're going to invest a minimum of $500,000. You don't need free advice off the Internet here.

Debbi Lee Klopman

Debbi Lee Klopman

There are many of us who handle Eb-5 work. Please contact one of us before you move any further. A forum like is a good place to assess attorneys but as a potential Eb-5 investor you need experienced counsel

As a franchise attorney I agree. A franchise may possibly meet EB5 investment requirements, but it must meet all other requirements. Besides the minimum investment amount (that ranges from $500k in targeted employment areas of $1 million in other metropolitan areas) there is also an employment requirement of a certain number of full-time jobs within a couple years. Consult with a franchise attorney to see if the franchise you are considering will meet these requirements and consult an immigration attorney experienced in EB5 cases.

Kevin B. Murphy, B.S., M.B.A., J.D.
Attorney at Law
Director of Operations - Mr. Franchise

My colleague Rana Jazayerli routinely handles EB-5 matters. I would suggest contacting her through the link below:

The foregoing is not legal advice nor is it in any manner whatsoever meant to create or impute an attorney/client relationship.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business