Would I qualify to deferred action?

Houston, TX |

I been in U.S since I was 14 years old, graduated from high school and current enroll in college and will be transfer next year to the university to persue with my bachelors and I'm 27 years old. It seems to have all the critiria but the problem is that I was charged with a DWI last year, I have consulted with different lawyers and some have advised me to wait and some just to go ahead and apply. What should I do? do I have any chance in qualifying?

1. Ice has advised us that even a single DWI will disqualify you as it is determined ot be a "significant misdemeanor"

2. No. The DWI is a disqualifying significant misdemeanor.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.