Skip to main content

Would I qualify for deferred action?

Los Angeles, CA |

15yrs old when entered US legally;
graduated high school;
In US since 2000;
no criminal background;
Age 27
Maintained legal status throughout;
Living with family who have their green card pending - i485 currently.

Please advice, i am tired of being a student and want to be independent :(

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Likely yes.

Take our free deferred action assessment at

You can also sign up for our newsletter to be the first to know when forms are released by going to

Good Luck!


Please review all the eligibility requirements, as stated on the USCIS website, to determine your potential eligibility:

Also, please note that applications ARE NOT being accepted now. You must await further instructions and forms, which USCIS expects to publish on August 15, 2012.


It would appear so.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Are you currently in F-1 status (you mentioned you have maintained legal status throughout)? If yes, you might not qualify for deferred action. Deferred action for young arrivals requires that you have entered without inspection before June 15, 2012 or your lawful status expired as of June 15, 2012. If your lawful status expired as of June 15, 2012, you may qualify for consideration of deferred action. Consult an immigration lawyer.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer