Would I need a permit to sale and deliver jello shots in texas?

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Antonio, TX

Looking to start a business. Jello shots contain alcohol.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes. Sale of alcohol is highly regulated. You would need to follow all the rules and regulations of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission.


  2. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Agree with the other lawyer's answer. If you are selling and/or delivering alcohol. This area of the law is complex, seek legal advice to help you out, you will not regret it. In general, see the following which comes out of the Alcoholic Beverage Code:

    Sec. 6.01. RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES; REVOCATION. (a) A person may manufacture, distill, brew, sell, import, export, transport, distribute, warehouse, store, possess, possess for the purpose of sale, bottle, rectify, blend, treat, fortify, mix, or process alcoholic beverages or possess equipment or material designed for or capable of use for manufacturing alcoholic beverages, if the right or privilege of doing so is granted by this code and the person has first obtained a license or permit of the proper type as required by this code.

    (b) A license or permit issued under this code is a purely personal privilege and is subject to revocation or suspension if the holder is found to have violated a provision of this code or a rule of the commission.

    The above statements and information is being made available for informational purposes only and do not constitute... more

Related Topics

Small business license

When starting a new business, you will need to file for a small business license in your state to be able apply for state permits.


Business law covers topics such as business structures, common documents, business taxes and finances, insurance, real estate, and government regulations.

Avvo advisor logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 15-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $39 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Advisor span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now