Would i have a malpratice lawsuit if i can prove the medications prescribed affected my life (marriage,kids,etc}

Smiths Station, AL |

i was prescribwd xanax bars and an antipressant 4 yrs ago. before i was put on them i had a normal life after losing my dad 1st husband,my children to drugs and life that i had always known . i met a man and turned my life completely around and began a 2 year court battle to get my kids. took numerous hair follicle test and was employed and doing well for myself and ended up marrying. within this period i was having anxiety issues and seeked medical attention and was prescribed low dose of xanax and anti depressant. within 6 months i was put on xanax bars 4 times a days. my life spiraled out of control and slowly lost all that i worked so hard my kids,my home.mu husband,everything.when coming off the drug abruptly i had a seizure. i was not monitored during the time i took them and quit

1. You may have a claim. These kinds of cases ca be very complicated. Your entire history becomes relevant.
    You should visit a local lawyer to discuss your concerns.

2. Whether or not you have a valid lawsuit will depend upon a careful review of all relevant facts by a qualified attorney. Go to the AVVO site and find one near your home.

3. Winning medical malpractice cases generally need to have a clear and simple basis and very serious injuries. It's unlikely that you have a winning case. Prescribing drugs for anxiety, depression, etc. is more of an art than a science. It's very hard to sort out what problems in your life were caused by the drugs and what were due to the conditions for which they were prescribed.

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.