Would I have a malpractice case?

Asked about 2 years ago - Youngstown, OH

In October 2010, I went into labor 15 weeks early with twin boys. My second baby had to be a c section because he was breech. After the c-section I was put on oxygen because I had fluid in my lungs related to the anesthesia. 3 days later I spent 2 days in the ICU because of an ampicillin resistant e-coli infection. I was told that it was because someone didn't wash their hands and I got fecal matter into my bloodstream. I stayed in the hospital a week after I had them, & had to have my gallbladder out 2 months later (no idea if they're related). 2 months ago, I started getting serious pains when I got my period. I had a ct scan done & found out I have endometriosis. It's located on my abdominal wall because they let tissue spill out when I got my c-section done. We haven't talked treatment

1. Sylvia Hahn Imhoff

2

Answered . I am not sure what problem(s) you are seeking advise on - twins born early? Oxygen required because of anesthesia? infection? gallbaldder out? endomedriosis cause? I would need to review your medical records to know necessary information to advise you on any problem. I do not believe having your gallbladder out (becuase of gallstone pain?) is related to your deliver problems. Endometriosis caused by "tissue spilling out" does not seem to have a reasonable correlation, however if you are obese, had alot of manipulation of tissue with the C-section, there may have been alot of scar tissue buildup, which can cause pain. You need to hire an attorney in your home state of OHIO, who has litigating med mal plaintiff cases successfully before.

Pro

1

Answered . The only way to find out if there was malpractice is to retain a lawyer who can order the medical records and send to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Only 29% fee deducted.

Lassen Law Firm
    1515 Market St #1510
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    215-510-6755
    http://www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

1

Answered . Consult with a medical malpractice attorney -- make sure you bring all of your records.