Would I go to jail or prison for first time petty theft (worth $3.50)? This is my first offense ever. I'm 18 and still in HS.

Las Vegas, NV |

Which is worst and which would I go to? How long would I go there for? How much will this stupid mistake cost my family and I (beginning to end)? What are the chances of me going to jail/prison?

I "stole" a $3.50 candy/protein bar. What happened was I put the bar in my pocket, but then I took it out. The clerk then came up to me and asked to see my pockets so I did so and she found nothing. She said sorry and thank you. Within a minute or so I went up to the front desk and bought the same candy bar.

Like how much would the fines be and how much would bail be and all that type of stuff?

No jail or prison with this type of offense and likely that charges will not be accepted by the DA.

2. You already asked a similar question and received a good response.

Attorney Inga Stevens is licensed in Maine. She provides general information on Avvo.com. No attorney-client relationship arises out of the information given here.