Would I go to jail or prison for first time petty theft (worth $3.50)? This is my first offense ever. I'm 18 and still in HS.

Which is worst and which would I go to? How long would I go there for? How much will this stupid mistake cost my family and I (beginning to end)? What are the chances of me going to jail/prison? I "stole" a $3.50 candy/protein bar. What happened was I put the bar in my pocket, but then I took it out. The clerk then came up to me and asked to see my pockets so I did so and she found nothing. She said sorry and thank you. Within a minute or so I went up to the front desk and bought the same candy bar.

Las Vegas, NV -

William Berry Palmer

William Berry Palmer

Personal Injury Lawyer - Las Vegas, NV

No jail or prison with this type of offense and likely that charges will not be accepted by the DA.

Thomas D. Boley

Thomas D. Boley

Criminal Defense Attorney - Las Vegas, NV

Asked and answered.

Inga L Stevens

Inga L Stevens

Social Security Lawyers - Portland, ME

You already asked a similar question and received a good response.