Would I get deported for using my green card and my old ssn number?

Asked over 1 year ago - Indianapolis, IN

I recently got the U visa my situation is very complicated so I only got the green card but no new ssn number . I really needed a job so I can have a place to live and have food on the table . So I got a job using my new green card and my old ssn number and now I'm worried I could get deported and don't know what to do

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . Do not be worried. Social security number is one and the same. It is the card that you need to change. The number will remain the same.

2. Asma Warsi Chaudry

2

Answered . As others have stated, your social security number has not changed, if it was issued to you lawfully.

if you have a valid Lawful Permanent Resident (greencard) status, you are authorized to work in the US and are not in danger of getting deported for that.

3. Boris Alexander Palant

1

Answered . The Immigration Service doesn't issue SSN. Your old number is forever - use it! You may get a new card, though, by applying with your local Social Security office