Would I enter a tax lien on chapter 7 form schedule A separate from my residence?

Asked over 2 years ago - Fresno, CA

Im filling out form schedule A and have listed my residence...which has no equity. I have 2 tax liens on the residence. Would I list each of them separately underneath, or include the total of the liens in the "amount of secured claim" column next to residence?

1. Ronald Jay Drescher

2

Best Answer

Answered . Tax liens go on Schedule D, secured claims. After you are finished entering all secured claims, you then total them for each specific item of real property and then include that total on the far right column of Schedule A.

2. Walter C Oney Jr

4

Answered . You are STILL making a terrible mistake filing bankrutpcy without an attorney when your home is at risk due to tax liens.

3. James Portman Webster

Pro

3

Answered . I agree. Taxes can be dischargeable under the right circumstances.

Do not try this alone. You will more than likely regret it.

4. Jeffrey Chiao Hsu

Answered . I noticed you are from Fresno, CA. I once practiced in the Eastern District and I have represented clients there in the past. I would be very cautious handling your own case and suggest retaining local counsel. I assume you are filing bankruptcy in part to keep your home. If that is the case, you need an attorney to give you the best chance of doing that. A trustee who wants to be difficult will pick you apart if your petition is poorly/improperly drafted.