Would I be denied a Chinese, Japanese, or Taiwan work (or travel) visa (or naturalization), because of my US criminal record?

Asked about 1 year ago - Painesville, OH

Starting about 7 years ago, and ending 8 months later, I got into legal trouble several times (all while attending a community college).

1. The first was a disorderly conduct (with an unknown tacked on criminal trespass), for refusing to comply with orders of a police officer after being loud in a bar's lot.
2. Two months after the first incident, I found myself without a residence. I ended up with a dui after getting into an argument with the bartender I had given my keys to earlier, who told me to leave.
3. Finally, I made another alcohol related mistake of 'walking' to a store to purchase alcohol after already drinking. On the way back to my brothers apartment, a police officer stopped me about a block and a half away and charged me with disorderly conduct and having an open container.

1. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

2

Answered . You should confer with an attorney that practices law in the countries you plan to visit.

216.861.4414
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brown-immigration.com

Robert Brown LLC
    1476 W. 9th Street, Suite 800
    Cleveland, Ohio 44113

2. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

3

Answered . The people are on this site are US attorneys. You need to consult attorneys in whichever country you wish to work in for advice.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Here on Acco we only deal with US laws. Your questions should be posed separately to immigration lawyers of each of the 3 countries you have in mind.