Would I be able to take a diversion class for a marijuana and paraphernalia possession charge? (first offense)

Asked over 1 year ago - Louisville, KY

Occurred around 3:30 am. I accidentally ran a light, and was pulled over. He asked for proof of insurance, though I couldn't figure out which card it was, right away, due to me being so nervous. (I found it soon after he left.)
The officer smelled marijuana in the car, and said he'd be more lenient if I was honest, and I was. He asked to search. I consented, and he found 10 grams of marijuana, a smoking bowl, a stash can, a grinder, and a scale.
(As I also told the officer, I honestly do not sell marijuana, I honestly have no intent of selling marijuana, and that I chose to buy a larger amount, so I would be set for summer, and not have to worry about finding more.)
This is my first offense.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Frank Mascagni III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP in Louisville, KY to represent you.

    We have a Marijuana Education Program as a referral resource to dispose of the POM charge , if you qualify. Get an attorney.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this... more
  2. Benjamin Pearce Titter

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You need to talk to an attorney about your charges. Only after a careful review of your facts and circumstances would any advice be relevant and helpful.

    Responses on AVVO do not establish an attorney-client relationship. All responses to questions should be used for... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,001 answers this week

3,312 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,001 answers this week

3,312 attorneys answering