Would I be able to join Army with Class A misdemeanor?

Asked over 1 year ago - Jersey City, NJ

I had received EAD for shoplifting in New York and it was class A misdemeanor. My record is sealed now and I verified it with court. I have an opportunity to join Army but I'm worried if I might not be able to get through it. It was a petty theft of $26 and I have had no cases after that since 7 months after that incident.
I want to know whether I can join Army or not? I have already been fingerprinted and waiting for their answer. But I'm getting more and more tensed as days pass.
Please help me with my answer and also solution to it. Thank you

1. Mark M Cheser

Answered . I have heard that the services are getting more selective. But i just do not know. If you are not on probation i think you are OK. You need to ask a NY attorney if the seal will hold up.

2. Waynice A. Green

Answered . You need to speak with an attorney who is licensed in New York. The rules vary depending on the state.