Would i be able to file a claim

Asked 10 months ago - Littleton, NC

I went to the emergency room due to severe stomach pains. At the time i was 21 weeks pregnant. i was sent to the maternity floor. they checked my baby heartbeat. never did they check my cervix after i told them i was bleeding.they discharged me diagnosing me with constipation. when i had a follow up with my doctor they told him that i was just having little discomfort due to constipation, not telling him anything else. when i got home not even 30 mins from being discharged i delivered and my baby didn't make it.

Pro

4

Answered . A local malpractice lawyer would need to order your medical records to investigate. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated Avvo attorney (10) with a reasonable contingency fee, less than thirty percent, so you don't get hurt twice. Good luck.

2. W. Stacy Miller II

2

Answered . So sorry to hear abt the loss of your child. Without a thorough review of your and your child's medical records, including the E. R. records from the visit in question, it very difficult to determine whether you have a claim. Due to recent changes in N.C. law, medical negligence cases can be very difficult. I would advise you contact a lawyer who is experienced in medical negligence cases.

3. Dennis Wayne Tackett

Pro

2

Answered . Consult with a medical malpractice attorney ASAP. How much time passed between the ER and your follow up visit with your doctor?

4. David Ian Schoen

Pro

2

Answered . You should consult with a NC medical malpractice attorney ASAP. However, it may be difficult to prove that you would not have lost the baby even if they properly diagnosed the problem.