Would I be able to fight a ticket for no seatbelt even though I was wearing one?

San Bernardino, CA |

I was wearing a seatbelt but improperly and that was because the medication I take causes irritations when prolonged exposure to the sun. That day the seatbelt was brushing the side of my face every time I looked over my shoulder for a turn or lane change. All I did was simply move it to the side of my arm because it was making it worse. Also when the officer got to my window he seen me take off my seatbelt and stated he had to cite me

You can try and fight it. It is a non point moving violation.

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

You can fight it, but it does not accumulate points.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

Any ticket can be contested. If you can obtain a Doctor's note it will be of great assistance at trial.

Traffic tickets topics