Would F2 visa get accepted

Asked 12 months ago - Chicago, IL

I am presently doing MS in USA in F1 visa.I have the necessary fund as shown in I20 to complete the course.However I don't have an assistantship at present and I am doing an hourly oncampus job in which I earn $1068 per month.
Now I want to apply for F2 visa of my wife and I do have the modified fund in I20 that will be required to show for her presence over here.Is there any chance that it can get rejected when she will go for stamping at US consulate in India.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Juan Paolo Pasia Sarmiento

2

Best Answer

Answered . Non-immigrant visas are subjective. If financial support, intent to come back home etc are all shown, it should be approved. But I've seen a lot of instances abroad where the intent and relationship in a derivative non-immigrant application (F2 for example) are legit yet the consul denies it. Same goes for tourist visa applications - you can have proper intent to simply visit and even have enough financial income and ties back home, but they get denied sometimes. But your question was whether there is a "chance" of rejection, and the honest answer is yes (that goes for everything). But on whether it SHOULD be approved, it's an F2, you're the husband, you're maintaining status and can support her, so it should be fine.

JP Sarmiento, Esq.
    FREE CONSULTATIONS
    jp@sarmientoimmigration.com
    (216) 573-3712
    www.sarmientoimmigration.com

3. Stephen D. Berman

2

Answered . There is always a chance it could be rejected and you do have to show sufficient income for her to live in the U.S. It is doubtful that your on-campus employment alone will be sufficient.

4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . As you may correctly expect, all requirements for your F-2 Beneficiary must be met for a successful completion of that submission., If you or your Beneficiary do not meet certain requirements for the above filing, it will not be approved.