Would an imigration lawyer help?

Asked over 1 year ago - Irvine, CA

My bf is 18 and is the orange county jail he has got deported already last year in june I believe when he tuned 18 he was charged with three midemenors one was of theft he was 17 when this occured and got taken from jui and got sent to texas to a shelter for immigrants and then got sent to a detention center served 3 months there then he went to mexico came back for the birth of our child then he got arrested for a warrent and now hes in jail and has an ice hold

1. Pius Joseph

Pro

Best Answer

Answered . Your bf has a very complicated case. These are the following issues he will need to deal with:

1.Criminal charges for re-entry after being deported.
    2. Automatic removal since he has already been deported.
    3. Any stay at the BIA or 9th Circuit Court of Appeal level that may help hi stay until all issues regarding his prior removal is resolved.

Your best bet is to contact an experienced immigration attorney. This will be a complex and expensive battle. Good Luck.

2. Michael Carter Lukehart

Pro

1

Answered . I do not know if an immigration attorney can do much, but you need to consult with one immediately. There is just a host of issues that you raise and all of them are serious. This does not seem like a matter for amateurs.

3. Seth Andrew Weinstein

1

Answered . First you need to contact an immigration lawyer. They are the only ones who can assist you, unless other criminal charges are pending. It sounds like he has lived in the US for a while. See if he qualifies for some type of relief.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Practicing throughout Southern California
    (310) 707-7131
    www.sethweinsteinlaw.com