Would a self storage facility be liable for the theft of a trailer, if their security cameras were disconnected?

Plano, TX |

The attendant admitted to the detective and me, that the cameras that would have recorded the theft had been disconnected for over one year due to an equipment change. There weren't enough outlets for all of the cameras. I had been renting from them for five years. The other cameras at the facility were operational.

Maybe. This is a premises liability question. You need to meet with an attorney who litigates these types of cases for a better evaluation.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

This is not a criminal defense question.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.