Worried about the outcome being charged with underage possession of alcohol

Chillicothe, OH |

I am 18 years old from Ohio. Minutes after pulling into Walmart, three cops ran up and got me out of car and searched it after "receiving a tip of the smell of marijuana" I was charged with drug para, possession of marijuana and I had a bottle of liquor in my trunk that's been there since New Years. I already have underage consumption charge, am I looking at jail time? Or can I got to alcohol classes?

You need to speak with an Attorney who handles these kinds of cases in the Court where you were charged. The answer to your question is: IT ALL DEPENDS. Depends on the Court, Prosecutor, Defense Attorney, Probation Department, YOU, Your FAMILY, ASSOCIATES, Etc. MANY FACTORS COME IN TO PLAY! That is why you need to speak with someone who can advise you more specifically to your situation and location. In some courts, you would not be looking at any jail time. In some courts, yes you would. In some courts you could get an alcohol class. In some courts you might not.

However, Marijuana and Paraphernalia Convictions have DEVASTATING COLLATERAL CONSEQUENCES IN OHIO!!! YOU CANNOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE CONVICTED OF EITHER OF THOSE OFFENSES!!!! NO MATTER WHAT!!!

Call me for a referral to an Attorney in your area.
Best regards,
Mark

Mark A. Deters, Esq.
PENICK & DETERS
1800 Lyons Rd.
Dayton, Ohio 45458
(937) 434-7100– tel.
(937) 434-4155 – fax.
(419) 466-8925 – cell.
mark@deterslaw.com
www.TheDaytonDuiAttorney.com

Mark is right on with this answer to your question. But another great resource to find local counsel is the Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyer's Membership Database. Try it out below:

http://www.oacdl.org/aws/OACDL/pt/sp/citizens

Nothing contained in this message is to be construed as legal advice. Rather, the general information provided herein is based upon counsel's past experiences as a criminal defense attorney and are not necessarily specific to the facts and circumstances of this matter.

You are facing up to 180 days in jail for the alcohol. You are facing jail but may be able to avoid this will a good attorney. You should hire a good attorney. Good luck.

Attorney Chris Beck
Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
Beavercreek, Ohio
www.becklawofficellc.com
(937)510-6110

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner