Skip to main content

Worried about false accusation of stalking by a woman neighbor....

Tacoma, WA |

I am worried a woman eighbor elder than me can file a charge of stalking against me...
I like to have good relations with neighbors.. My wife warned me that she might be attacted to you..I ignored her warning but kept in touch with her but just as neighbor.

coincidently I went to local atm to change my pin as that atm was on my way to where I was going....and I found her there at the same atm so I said hi and asked her why did not I recieve any response to my email I sent her 2 months ago?
well she said she was busy..I said ok..take care..
Than laer that day, she sent me an email ' I yelled her at public place, I followed and I was stalking her'..huhhh
So, am worried she might falsely accuse me of stalking ...what should I do to protect myself from possible legal action?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. If you are concerned about possible legal action, then promptly contact your county bar association for an attorney referral. I notice that this is likely your second post here on AVVO today. Put your mind at ease by working with a legal professional.

  2. Don't approach her anymore in public, don't send her any emails, and if you see her, leave. Some people are paranoid about being followed and she may not understand that it was a coincidence. Questioning her about the email after coming up to her at the ATM may have spooked her a bit. Just don't approach her anymore and you should be fine. So far, it does not sound like you stalked her. good luck

    If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and best answer. Please understand that all of my answers are for informational purposes only, are not legal advise, and do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. I am not your attorney and you are not my client unless we enter into a signed contract. My only legal advise to you is that you should immediately consult with and hire a lawyer and that you should not represent yourself. If you want to more information about personal injury, visit or if you want more information about criminal defense, visit Good luck!

  3. Wait to see if she files any antiharassment case. If she does, simply respond with the truth. Don't spend your time worrying about something that may neve happen. And take your wife's advice: stop talking to or emailing this lady.

    This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney responding, and no attorney-client confidentiality. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this Answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. The applicable law and the appropriate answer may be different in the State or States where the relevant facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes