Workplace violence restraining order for spouse of former worker

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

A friend of mine has been served with a TRO for Workplace violence. They are the spouse of a former employee of that corporation. They documented several emails and text messages (and witnesses) who were exposed to harassment and anger ridden inflammatory emails by the said friend.

Should she take a lawyer to the hearing ? She said there are no witnesses that she can bring with her. What happens if a corporation seeks a TRO and then wants to convert it into a PRO ? Will they come through ? What are the consequences on her future employment of all this ?

One little nugget of information that is quite interesting is that the spouse of my friend (the actual employee) signed a declaration to the court stating that she bought a knife into his workplace with a threatening note for all

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Your friend should get an attorney Nobody knows what will happen but only police can get an emergency protective order.

    This is not a comprehensive answer and it is impossible to provide a meaningful response without a consultation.... more
  2. Judy A. Goldstein

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You asked the same question twice. Your question is confusing but one thing is for sure: This is not your case. It is your friend's issue. Your friend should be discuss this matter with an attorney. Too few facts are available here to give you a definitive answer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,286 answers this week

3,207 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,286 answers this week

3,207 attorneys answering