Workplace sexual harassment and retaliation - proof audio recorded

Asked 8 months ago - Mesa, AZ

My former boss is caught on tape making sexual advances toward me as well as retaliation when I complained. He even is caught on tape asking me to file false disability claim so he can save money by paying me under the table as well as telling me not to make cash deposits.

It is my understanding my former boss is trying to weasel out of all responsibility (including financial compensation) by getting a "physician statement". This is a highly educated man, running a successful business. Do you think there is any chance that this "physician's statement" can excuse him legally / financially for what I have audio taped proof? Also, 4 years of books/records proving he didn't make cash deposits?

I've had to take a job that pays 1/3 the pay and I still have nightmares of him touching me, etc

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Golnar Sargeant

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Get a Plaintiff Employment Attorney right away. Many give free consultations, check beforehand. Use the "find a lawyer" tool on AVVO.

    We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute... more
  2. Kevin Rindler Madison


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . It sounds like a lot was going on here and there needs to be a discussion in greater detail regarding the particular facts in your case. Without more information it is not possible to give an opinion about this. The best advice would be to set an appointment with an attorney who specializes in employment law and sexual harassment cases. Then after a thorough review of all of the facts, they can give you an opinion as to whether you have a viable claim, and what procedural steps you should take. Many attorneys handle these cases on a contingency percentage fee, taking a percentage of the recovery. In contingency fee arrangements, there are no hourly fees. In some states attorneys do not charge anything for an initial appointment to discuss your case but in others there is a reasonable fee charged to compensate the attorney for their time and advice. I would suggest that you begin your search for an attorney on this Avvo website. There is a tab "Find A Lawyer" on the home page of Avvo at that will help you find a lawyer in this practice area in your locale. Good luck!

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think... more
  3. Debra Vera Jennings


    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . It sounds as though you may have a claim under Title VII for sexual harassment and retaliation. An attorney will need more information. Such as did you file a internal complaint, did the company investigate, what was the conclusion of the investigation, what conclusion did the employer reach. Have you filed a timely complaint with the EEOC.?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,523 answers this week

2,982 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,523 answers this week

2,982 attorneys answering