Skip to main content

Working visa for ECFMG certified foreign medical graduate

Dearborn Heights, MI |


I am an ECFMG certified foreign medical graduate currently on visitors visa. A new clinic is opening and want to hire me, but they dont know the procedure for sponsoring working visa to me and what kind of visa will be suitable for me. I have not done medical residency in US yet. Can I still be employed by them with out doing US medical residency(but I am ECFMG certified and passed USMLE exams)? Is it possible? What kind of visa will work for me?

Attorney Answers 1


If you are a physician, they can hire you in your field. H1b would be the normal visa for them to file, and these are no longer available this fiscal year.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics