Working for employer x with an approved I-140 in EB3 and H1B extension beyond 6th year. Just received approval in EB2 - NIW

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

can i change job now, will the H1B get transferred to new employer based on the approved I140 in EB2-NIW and can it be extended till the PD becomes current for me to file I-485

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . Talk to the new employer's immigration attorney. Ask this question. They want you, correct? They should engage an immigration attorney to file a new H1B petition on your behalf.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

Answered . Once you got a national interest waiver self-petition approved, you can file for your green card on Form I-485, obtain a work permit within 2-3 months and work for whomever you please.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . What did the new employer's immigration attorney say?

4. Brian Haksoon Lee

3

Answered . If you have a PD from the approved I-140 for your EB-3, see if your PD is current first.

5. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

3

Answered . You should consult with your new employer's immigration attorney.