Skip to main content

Working at a different location than stated in H1

San Jose, CA |
Filed under: Immigration

My h1 is filed for location A and i am staying in location B. Due to lease issues, i'd like to work at my employer's office in location B. What's the process if I want to work at location B legally?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Your employer has to file an amendment to the initial petition. Consult an immigration attorney ASAP.


Your employer will need to file an amended LCA and also an amended petition. What does the employer's immigration attorney says to this? Talk to him/her.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.



will it be like a completely new LCA and petition? Trying to find out how much an amended LCA/petition can cost to the employer.



without talking to the employer's attorney


Your employer must file an amended labor condition application (LCA) and possibly an amended H-1B petition.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer