Workers Compensation Settlement "Lifetime Medical", Unpaid Doctors and Rejected Procedures and Testings.

I paid my doctor out of pocket because the "adjuster" dropped him off his MPN list (psychiatrist) with no warning. my doctor was kind enough and continued to prescribe all my depression medications the "adjuster" continued to pay for. I sent my adjuster those bills I paid and he has ignored me three times and now they want to settle my case. I live in a area where there are no doctors who take Workers Compensation and the only one was my doctor the "adjuster" has refused to pay for. I have asked five times with my attorney when I can go see my psychiatrist without me paying the bill. He has not gotten back with me with that, only that the "defense" wants to settle in May 2013. What's the point of life-medical if I can't see my shrink? How do I get my money back I paid?

Orcutt, CA -

George Ellis Corson IV

George Ellis Corson IV

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Orange, CA

Your Attorney now has the ability to litigate your MPN issue by way of Expedited Hearing. Discuss the matter with him, because he may have a litigation plan of which you are unaware.

Sponsored Listing
Peter Joon-Sung Hong

Peter Joon-Sung Hong

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Burbank, CA

The rules regarding mpns and when you are able to treat outside a network is complex and highly litigated. It sounds like your ability to get reimbursed is connected to this issue. Discuss litigation strategy with your attorney.

Brian Daniel Fleischer

Brian Daniel Fleischer

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Lafayette, CA

As a defense attorney I always advise my clients with MPN issues to make sure they have provided the injured worker (or their representative) with a list of appropriate providers in the needed specialty. There are clear rules governing whether an injured worker can treat outside of that MPN. If there arent enough providers within a reasonable geographic area you may be able to treat with a provider of your choice. You should contact your attorney and discuss this further with him/her.

Gerald Franklin Batchelder

Gerald Franklin Batchelder

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Fremont, CA

I'd suggest you schedule an appointment to sit down with your attorney and come to a clear understanding of what is happening in your case.

Bobby L. Bollinger Jr.

Bobby L. Bollinger Jr.

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Charlotte, NC

Here in my state I could file a motion to (a) get your doctor back on the approved list and (b) get your out of pocket expenses reimbursed. Your lawyer may be able to do something similar there. Ask him if he can file a motion to get this done.