Workers Compensation in Illinois. Bicep tendon repair + Labrum repair on shoulder.

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

Are they calculated separately on PPD, such as bicep is part of an arm, and labrum is part of the shoulder therefore person as a whole, 2 different claims? Arm is 253 weeks. Person as a whole is 500 weeks.

Attorney answers (5)

  1. 12

    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . No. First of all, arbitrators for the most part are demanding every shoulder injury be expressed as man a a whole due to the recent case involving shoulder being interpreted that way versus as part of an arm.

    Second, the SEVERITY of the injury as a whole is how all this is determined. There are labrum tears, rotator cuff tears, partial thickness tears, full thickness tears, tears involving the biceps tendon. Also, factors to consider in valuing a case are your age, job description, disability, medical history, to name just a few.

    If you really want to play lawyer, good luck. Just understand this is your ONE CHANCE on YOUR CASE tot get it right, and the insurance company has professionals working against you. It's a valuable case, so consider retaining counsel.

    Stephen L. Hoffman
    Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
    Chicago, IL

    This answer posted on Avvo is for informational and educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client... more
  2. 7

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your experienced Workers' Compensation lawyer will take your particular circumstances into the evaluation, so if you don't have an attorney, you need one. Plenty of qualified lawyers here at AVVO or local to you. Your question is excellent, but the answer requires your personal history, medically and at work to properly evaluate how an arbitrator might. See an attorney.

    Jordan Margolis, President
    The Margolis Firm PC
    55 W. Monroe, Suite 3555
    Chicago, Illlinois 60603

    When An Accident Changes Your Life, We Pursue Justice For You

    Legal Disclaimer: If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the thumbs-up icon below.... more
  3. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I've seen it calculated both ways.

    This information should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. It is not intended to solicit... more
  4. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Hoffman laid it out well

  5. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Workers compensation represents a specialty area of personal injury law. Workers compensation attorneys know not only the statutes but also the regulations and how they are applied to facts locally. It also helps to know the American Medical Association's Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impaitment. in order to make the strongest argument. The best approach to optimizing your claim is to hire a workers compensation attorney in your jurisdiction. Here's more. BLUE LINK BELOW:

    Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only.... more

Related Topics

Personal injury

If you suffer a personal injury as the result of the actions or negligence of another, you may seek financial compensation for physical or emotional damages.

Personal injury settlement

Personal injury settlements are agreements made between the two parties of an injury lawsuit. They outline the compensation that an injured party receives.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,500 answers this week

3,698 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,500 answers this week

3,698 attorneys answering