Workers comp will pay 90% I am to pay 10% because of my age? WC paid for my care/pain mngt. 1yr. Do I need representation?

Asked 9 months ago - Hooper, UT

This is a permanent back injury. Workers comp has covered my care so far treating pain 1 yr. Now they say because of my age they won't cover full. The injury is a result of doing what I was told to do at work. 3 Dr/surgeons said I need surgery. WC is suppose to cover my injury for life, as they told me.

My quality of life is deteriorated, I cannot walk correctly or sleep well because of constant pain. WC is awarding me an amount of $ and wants me to hurry and sign paper and send back to WC to receive award pmt. Not sure if I should as I do NOT agree with what is going on. I have waited to see if surgery is the only way. WC said that is fine but now wants me to pay the 10 % because of my age . How can that be done? How do I dispute what they say? Do I need represented?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . WC insurance like other insurance companies stonewall and minimize claims like yours every day. Level the playing field and have someone fight for you; hire a workers comp attorney.

    The author of this answer is an Attorney-at-Law, licensed to practice law only in the state of Arizona. Unless... more
  2. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Since workers' compensation attorneys in Utah generally get paid on a contingency basis pursuant to administrative rule, it may be well worth your time to at least consult with an attorney. There is a lot of additional information that is needed in order to answer your questions, but those questions may be better addressed in a less public forum.

    This response is intended to provide general legal information and is not intended to be legal advice. Please be... more
  3. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should hire a worker's compensation lawyer to represent your interests.

  4. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Of course you need a good workers' comp lawyer on our side. Otherwise, you will be taken advantage of by the insurance carrier if at all possible.

    This answer is intended as general information and not as specific legal advice. If you want to have a free... more

Related Topics

Pain and suffering for personal injury

Pain and suffering refers to physical and mental trauma caused by an injury, and is often a significant component of non-economic damages.

Types of personal injuries

There are many types of personal injuries for which financial damages can be awarded, including physical, emotional, and psychological injuries.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

38,073 answers this week

3,951 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

38,073 answers this week

3,951 attorneys answering