Worker's Compensation: How many times can I appeal to Full Board Review, if the Full Board denies?

Asked 8 months ago - Flushing, NY

I lost the case for the Memorandum of Board Panel Decision, so I appealed within 30 days for Full Board review. Because I had no lawyer to represent me, the full board wrote a letter to deny my request for reconsideration. The application was denied by the Full Board.

After that, is there another time limit to continue to appeal to Full Board?

1. William Ward Crossett

Pro

4

Answered . Generally, once the Full Board has ruled you have no remedy left unless you made a timely Appeal to the Appellate Division of the New York Supreme Court 3rd Department in Albany New York. If you did file a Notice of Appeal you need to complete the process within the time lines so the court may rule.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . If you lost before the Board you can appeal to the Appellate Division, Third Department.

3. Leonard Bernard Feld

2

Answered . Dear Madam or Sir:

I think this was just answered.

You have 30 days from the Denial of Full Board Review to file a Notice of Appeal to the Appellate Division but you are unlikely to succeed.

You never gave any facts. If you have NEW EVIDENCE that was not considered by the Board Panel, you can always apply to the Board Panel that ruled against you with the NEW EVIDENCE but you must explain why that evidence was not available before.

good luck

Leonard Feld

The foregoing is based on the little information provided; additional facts may change the comments given.