Worked as independent contractor and last two invoices were not paid.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Huntington, WV

Worked for 7 weeks as independent contractor acquiring pipeline right of way. Due to improper filing of environmental permit by employer four right of way agents have not been paid in over 5 weeks. First, second, and third invoices were paid. What can we do.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Elizabeth Tandy Foster


    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . you can go to small claims court, or you can go see an employment lawyer who will write a letter for you. I am not sure it is proper that you are classified as an independent contractor. You can discuss this issue with the employment lawyer. Im pretty sure you can get a free consultation. You can find an employment lawyer on, in the yellow pages under attorneys--civil rights/employment or by calling the local bar association. good luck, you should not have to wait for your money.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,137 answers this week

2,968 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,137 answers this week

2,968 attorneys answering