Work permit and change of address.

Asked about 1 year ago - Anaheim, CA

I don't have money to apply for my work permit. I want to send the fee waiver application with the i765 application. The problem is the address on My last year tax return is a deferent address than the one they have. I Moved to California 6 months ago but I just changed my address with uscis. Is it ok if they see on the tax return that I was in California and I didn't changed my address then? Thank you

Attorney answers (5)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Ok.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Sholeh Iravantchi

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Without knowing more facts about your matter, it would be difficult to respond. However, it should not cause any issue and also you already have done the change of address, therefore, at this stage wold not matter.

  3. Maria J. Marty

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Frankly, its hard to advise you without knowing more information about your application. With this limited information, I would say its unlikely you will have an issue if you file the fee waiver, particularly if you have already filed it.

  4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . yes.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general... more
  5. John K Lassen

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yep

    John Lassen 1-877-252-4630

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,696 answers this week

3,026 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,696 answers this week

3,026 attorneys answering