Skip to main content

Work Permit/ Green Card / Marriage

Bothell, WA |

I just sent the documents for the Immigration regarding to the Green Card ( Marriage ) interview and am waiting for the Immigration to send me the Receipt they have received it. How long does it take for them to send me the receipt? Also, Is there any chance they send me the Work Permit before the 90 days or I have to wait for the whole 3 months for sure? Thanks for the answer!

Attorney Answers 3

  1. It takes a couple weeks to get the receipt notice. It is possible you may get the employment authorization before the 90 days, but probably only a few days before. In the Seattle area you will get the interview as fast.

    This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  2. The Notice of Receipt usually take a week to 10 days. There is a chance that you will received a work permit in less than 90 days. I have had some received in 60 days but they are the lucky ones. Figure on 90 days. Good Luck

  3. You should be m,ailed a receipt of filing within 2-4 weeks and the EAD may bee issued within 60 -90 days from filing.

    Please note that this posting does not constitute legal advice or create any attorney-client relationship with the inquirer. Avvo is a useful forum to obtain general information on legal issues, but is not a substitute for direct, confidential consultation with an attorney in any legal matter.

Marriage and prenups topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics