Work for hire agreement? Can I simply email a work for hire agreement to a service provider and the person types there name i

Asked over 2 years ago - Rockville Centre, NY

Work for hire agreement? Can I simply email a work for hire agreement to a service provider and the person type there name instead of signing the document work? What are the factors/ or elements involved to have a valid work for hire agreement?

1. Vincent Peter White

3

Answered . This is a complex question, I would advise you to sit down with an attorney to make sure you get this right. It might be beyond what can easily be answered in this box.

2. Alix R. Rubin

3

Answered . In New York, typed names and/or signature blocks in emails are considered validly signed writings. However, your situation may be different. You would need to authenticate that the typed name in the agreement was typed by the service provider. A scanned or faxed signature would be preferable.

3. Carlos Gonzalez

1

Answered . There is nothing legally prohibiting it in NY