Work for hire agreement? Can I simply email a work for hire agreement to a service provider and the person types there name i

Rockville Centre, NY |

Work for hire agreement? Can I simply email a work for hire agreement to a service provider and the person type there name instead of signing the document work? What are the factors/ or elements involved to have a valid work for hire agreement?

1. This is a complex question, I would advise you to sit down with an attorney to make sure you get this right. It might be beyond what can easily be answered in this box.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and you should contact an attorney to confirm or research further any statements made in this answer. Any statements of fact or law I have made in this answer pertain solely to New York State and should not be relied upon in any way in any other jurisdiction. Additionally, we also encourage you to reach out to us via Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/WhiteRoseMarks) or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/WhiteRoseMarks) if you have follow up questions as we do not monitor questions after providing an initial answer.

2. In New York, typed names and/or signature blocks in emails are considered validly signed writings. However, your situation may be different. You would need to authenticate that the typed name in the agreement was typed by the service provider. A scanned or faxed signature would be preferable.

The information provided above is for general purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. Seek competent legal representation, because the facts of each case are different.

3. There is nothing legally prohibiting it in NY