Wondering again if my past will disqualify me as a professional guardian. All legal issues have been resolved. Record below.

Asked about 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

I got a DUI in July of 2007, and was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident in June of 2010. This is all - no issues of abuse or fraud. Tallahassee can't make a decision until I complete everything, which involves much expense - money, time, and effort.

1. Michael Adam Haber

Pro

7

Answered . And I'm advising you, again, that the decision as to whether or not you will be licensed will be made by the administrative powers that be in Tallahassee pursuant to their licensing guidelines.

If the State of Florida denies your pending application then you will have an appellate / review process available to you. If your application is not yet pending then you should consider asking an administrative law attorney to review it beforehand. Either way, pleading your case here, on Avvo, will not help you to achieve your objective.

2. Brett Jacob Szematowicz

7

Answered . The administrative board that determines who is a professional guardian can take a number of factors into account. I would be surprised if they completely disregarded a criminal record. That being said, if you are willing to go through the time and expense, it may pay off.

3. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

7

Answered . You adeptly point out that there is no fraud or abuse involved, which is a major factor in these applications. It's possible that they are waiting to see if you successfully complete probation. Technically, you can violate probation and go to jail, so it's understandable that they want to wait. Best to obtain counsel familiar with these licensing issues. You may also seek an order from the court terminating your probation early based upon your completion of all other terms and conditions. Good luck.

4. Michael R Crosner

5

Answered . Consult a local attorney who is familiar with administrative licensing matter such as yours - many attorneys offer free initial consultations