Witnesses or notary?

Asked over 4 years ago - San Jose, CA

I want to amend my revocable trust. The amendment would create a testamentary trust. Does the amendment need to be witnessed by two witnesses, like a will, or does it just require a notary, since it’s a trust?

You did not answer my question at all.

1. Pamela Koslyn

Answered . I suggest that you go to the lawyer that created your trust originally. Amending it will probably not cost very much, and a trust is something you need to have done right, and not something you want to be guessing about.

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Robin Mashal

Answered . Disclaimer: The materials provided below are informational and should not be relied upon as legal advice.

You should execute your amended revocable living trust before a notary public, in the same manner you executed the origingal trust. Your attorney should be able to guide you through this process.