Withdrawing N-400 application. Is it discretionary?

I sent a letter to withdraw my N-400 application after my interview and today I got notice from USPS that I have a certified letter from USCIS. What does that mean? Is it discretionary and could they deny my request?

Depends on the timing. Read the USCIS letter and then post a question if you still have one.

Due to the nature of this forum, I often do not have all the information required to provide legal advice. Accordingly, my responses on Avvo are intended as general and not legal advice.

Can't tell what it means until you claim the letter and open it. You mentioned that you received the notice today. When did you send your letter requesting a withdrawal?

The above is general information only and should not be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship.

Either letter acknowledging your withdrawal of your N-400 application, a denial or an RFE. Open it and let us know if you still have a question after that.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration