Withdrawal of "no contest" plea

Asked about 2 years ago - Fremont, CA

under what circumstance court allow withdrawal from traffic citation "no contest" plea? speeding, registration.

Additional information

It's around 4-5 months since arraignment.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Chris J Feasel

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Did you plead no contest at your arraignment? What is your reason for wanting to take it back now? While you are still within the time frame to do so, you have to have some reason other than "I didn't like the consequences." Talk with an attorney to see if this is even a possibility now - and next time, don't try to do this yourself.

    Mr. Feasel is a former prosecutor in San Mateo County (CA) with over 10 years of criminal law experience. Nothing... more
  2. Andrew Stephen Roberts


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This is a very tricky area in law. You need an attorney to deal with this. Courts are reluctant to withdraw pleas that have been entered.

  3. Carmine John Giardino

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Don't represent yourself. Hire a lawyer as soon as possible. Good luck!

  4. Ron S Bamieh


    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . The odds of you or an attorney being a successful in withdrawing a plea in a traffic case are slim and none. Unless you were somehow mislead into pleading no contest nothing is changing that plea. It would be an extraordinary circumstance to get this plea withdrawn. Good Luck Ron Bamieh

Related Topics

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Criminal charges

Criminal charges are formal accusations in court that someone has committed a crime. Criminal charges have many classifications and degrees of severity.

Daniel P. Hilf

Driving While License Suspended

Driving While License Suspended or Revoked in Michigan is a misdemeanor offense (according to MCL 257.904(3)(a)) that carries a maximum potential jail sentence of up to 93 days, and/or a... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,136 answers this week

3,339 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,136 answers this week

3,339 attorneys answering