Withdrawal at port of entry on visit visa. What are the chances of getting an F1 visa?

Dallas, TX |

My sister visited US on a visiting visa 4 years back and at the port of entry she had to withdraw her application as she was carrying some educational documents which were present along with her other visa documents. It was genuinely an unknown mistake and she had no intention to study at that time. If she really had any dishonest plans she would not have carried them so openly with her. Now after 4 years and gaining work experience back home, she wants to pursue higher education. What are her chances for an F1 visa and complications at port of entry?

1. This is a repeat question. Please read my prior answer.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. her chances are great as long as she can secure a student visa first prior to coming into the U.S., but if she plans on coming again as a tourist with having intent to go to school she will be sent back again.

3. Have her look into the student visa with her trusted immigration adviser offline. Best of luck

Statements posted on the Avvo Q&A section are not legal advice. No prudent person anywhere at any time should ever rely upon any statements posted on the Avvo Q&A section. There is no attorney-client privilege based on this interaction. I am not your attorney and there is no attorney-client privilege up until the moment that we have a signed engagement letter with a clear understanding regarding fees - at which point we will not be discussing your legal issue online on a public Q&A board that anyone in the world can view. You should find an attorney that can best represent your interests: using the Avvo lawyer search is one of many possible utilities online to collect names of lawyers you might be interested in meeting with offline to discuss your legal issue in full detail so the legal advice can be tailored to the specific facts of your legal issue.

Education law topics