With work visas, is my employer required to initiate the process?

Or is that something I have to do? .

Carthage, TX -

Attorney Answers (3)

Robert West

Robert West

Immigration Attorney - Las Vegas, NV

If your employer is sponsoring you for a work visa, then the employer files the papers. If you are already working, you have a problem most likely. Seek attorney assistance.

Wolf W Kaufmann

Wolf W Kaufmann

Immigration Attorney - Anaheim, CA

Usually yes, they require a petition by the employer. Exceptions are the E-visa, which can be counted among work visa, and certain green cards. But usually even in those cases cooperation by an employer is necessary.

Wolf W. Kaufmann
Southern California Immigration Attorney

No client-attorney relationship is being created by this posting. Please contact an attorney with questions about your case.

Neil Ian Fleischer

Neil Ian Fleischer

Immigration Attorney - Cincinnati, OH

I agree with the other attorneys

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State... more

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.