With the recent Dec 6th 2012 law change in WA, can my girlfriend and I still file for domestic partnership?

Everett, WA |

We live together and are both in our 30's.

Prior to June 30, 2014 you can still register as domestic partners, however, after that time domestic partnerships where one partner is not at least 62 years old will be automatically converted to marriages. You would have to dissolve your domestic partnership before that time if you did not want to be married.

This electronic transmission and any documents accompanying this electronic transmission contain confidential information belonging to the sender. This information may be legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on or regarding the contents of this electronically transmitted information is strictly prohibited.

Yes

Mr. Stowell is correct. Here is some more information on RDPs and the new law: http://legalvoice.org/tools/documents/QA-WADomesticPartnershipLaw.pdf

Domestic Partnership is only available to same sex partners at your age, so you can only register for it for a limited time and only if you are both the same gender.