With the Dream Act/Deferred Action will someone be able to travel within the US?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Fresnos, TX

My cousin has been accepted to this, but is nervous of getting out of his current state, He is in Alabama and wants to travel to Texas to seek opportunities, is that fine? He won't be stooped at the check point?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Kyndra L. Mulder


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Yes. He can travel within the USA and relocate if he desires to do so. If he does relocate he will need to change his address with the USCIS.

  2. Rebecca Saldana

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . He can travel within USA just not outside the USA.

  3. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . He can travel ithin the U.S. Being granted deferred action means that the government will not take adverse action against the individual even though a ground (for removal) exists.

    Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail: mc@madridcrost.com; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street,... more

Related Topics

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

Deferred Action is a policy that allows qualifying immigrants to receive employment authorization and have removal proceedings delayed.

Robert Kennedy O'Reilly

Renew your DACA Status

On June 5, 2014, the USCIS announced the procedure for persons who previously were approved for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). At Ademi & O'Reilly, LLP, we suggest that you... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,040 answers this week

3,063 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,040 answers this week

3,063 attorneys answering