With the death of both parents in Washington State distribution of property to the surviving children?

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

Both Parents have died and there are three children one lives in Washington st the other out of state, the one living in Wash is the ex.

1. Charles Adam Shultz

2

Answered . Not sure the question. It sounds like a probate has been initiated. The terms of the Will would control and distribution would be as provide in the Will. Can you elaborate what your question is or what is the issue.

2. Celia R Reed

2

Answered . Could you clarify the question. Has the executor commenced a probate action or what is the issue?

3. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . If the Estates are in Washington State I suggst you repost your question on the Washington State Avvo section.

4. James P. Frederick

2

Answered . Is there a Will? If there is no Will, then intestate law would apply and the property would pass to the children. If there is a Will, the property could pass to anyone named in the Will. Same is true with a trust.

James Frederick